I love fantasy, but I’ve always wanted to know what happens after the dragon is slain.
What do people do when the tyrant falls? How do kingdoms rebuild? What happens when heroes have to raise children, preserve knowledge, repair broken institutions, or simply figure out how to live together?
That is the kind of fantasy I want to write.
In The Last Goblin Queen, Goblins are not monsters waiting in the darkness. They are scholars, merchants, priests, queens, knights, parents, and children. Heroes fight battles, but they also write books, challenge traditions, fall in love, raise families, and argue about what their society should become.
I’m interested in love stories that continue after the wedding, in heroes who remain curious after they have won, and in characters who believe the world can be made better without pretending that doing so is easy.
There are dragons, ancient mysteries, magic, and epic adventures here. But ultimately, I’m writing about people, and about the difficult, hopeful work of building a future worth living in.
Comments
Post a Comment